It is the first day our epic trip to see Alaska. Day one includes waking up at an ungodly hour and getting a huge head start on the drive. I have always wanted to travel the entire length of Highway 11 here in Ontario, and today I will complete most of it.
Our plans for today:
- High Rock Lookout to watch the sunrise (we have seen so many sunsets but not rises)
- Wasi rapids
- Black Forest Park
- Pine Rock Motel for a photo op.
- Thronloe Cheese for some curd
- Artic Watershed marker for a photo op
- Swan Lake Rest Area to pee
- 20 Foot Tall Guy-Paul Treefall for a photo op
- Moonbean UFO
- Ron Morel Memorial Museum
- Reesor Siding Memorial
- Missinaibi River for a photo op
- Fushimi Lake Provincial Park to eat and sleep