Once again, we are on another road trip. This time, we have a three-day weekend corresponding to Friday the 13th. What better place to be on this spooky day than at the center of American folklore, Sleepy Hollow!
We will begin our adventure on Thursday night, right after work. We set off to our first stop, a hotel halfway between home and Sleepy Hollow, New York. On Friday the 13th, we will enter this iconic town and begin to experience many great Halloween-themed events and attractions.
Once we finish with Sleepy Hollow, we will explore the fall colours and visit many waterfalls in this region. There will be many opportunities to see nature at its best.
Places that we are seeing include:
- Washington Irving’s Sunnyside
- Philipsburg Manor
- The Legend Cirque
- The shopping downtown core of Sleepy Hollow
- Saugatuck Falls Natural Area
- Weir Farm National Historic Park
- Lasdon Park
- Buttermilk Falls
- Dingman’s Falls
- Raymondskill Falls
- Buttermilk Falls State Park – a different Buttermilk Falls (a very common name)
- Lower Falls – Enfield Glen
- Lucifer Falls
- Deckertown Falls
- Shequaha Falls
- Aunt Sarah’s Falls
- Seneca Mills Falls
- A more!
- Much of what is to do in Sleepy Hollow during Halloween comes at a premium price.
- Lots of picture opportunities
- To see what is happening in Sleepy Hollow this Halloween, check out this website.
- A Google Map of this trip is found here.
- To find the directions to these locations, check out the Featured Map for this and many other places we have been to
To view the itinerary for this trip – no background images.
To view the itinerary with background images.